For my sake I posted this comment from a Moderator on Sysadmin that points at resources for learning more about a variety of topics including Cisco networking, Linux, Microsoft and information security.
Another recommendation is to peruse the Gilded posts in this forum. A list of some of the best posts as voted up by the community.
We can measure link bandwidth between two hosts by using iPerf.
Configure the server:
iperf -s -u
Configure the client:
iperf -c 172.20.255.254 -u -b 100m -d -i 1
- -c Connect client to server at IP 172.20.255.254
- -u Use layer 4 transport protocol UDP instead of the default, TCP
- -b Send traffic over UDP and a bandwidth of 100 Mbit/s
- -d Make test in both directions
- -i Provide updates at 1 second intervals until test completes